It’s estimated that 50 million Americans are proud to call themselves tailgaters. That’s a whole lot of fans in need of food to fuel up for gameday! We’re here to make sure you don’t fumble with your snacking lineup.
Is it just coincidence that you eat pig skin while watching the ol’ pigskin being tossed around? At Southern Recipe, we think not! Just in time for the peak of tailgate season, we huddled up to share this list of tailgate trivia sure to get you pumped up for the big game.
It’s Crunch Time:
• 35% of tailgaters are so dedicated to pregame events that they never even enter the stadium.
• 40% of tailgaters start their festivities 5 hours before kickoff and tailgate 6-10 times per season.
• According to a study by the PR Newswire, the best tailgating cities are Baltimore, Denver, Houston, San Diego and Cincinnati.
• 95% of tailgaters actually prepare food at the stadium.
• It’s not uncommon to eat over 3,000 calories at a tailgate, but did you know that pork rinds are a healthier way to add crunch and flavor to your favorite bites? A serving of pork rinds have 0 grams of carbs, 9 grams of protein and only 5 grams of fat.
Share this post:
Posted on: March 2nd, 2015 | By: Southern Recipe