Raise your hand if you’re just about done with all the crazy snack trends out at the local convenience store. Hey, we know you’re all about the flavor but do you really need to crunch on “anchovy and truffle” potato chips?
For National Snack Food Month, let’s review why the “everyday” pork rind stacks up to all of the other snacks on the shelf with four original flavors!
- Humans have been raising pigs for 15,000 years, and we’ve been enjoying the benefits from almost day one.
- Pork rinds are versatile. You can substitute crushed rinds with flour in a 1:1 ratio. No need for bacon topping with all this crust flavor.
- Pork rinds have more protein than peanuts, with 8 grams of protein in pork rinds vs. 7 grams of protein in peanuts.
- Pork rinds have zero carbs. Cut your carbs without sacrificing crunch.
- Pork rinds say no to gluten, MSG, and artificial color.
- There’s less than 5g of fat and 1g of sugar per serving.
- The fat pork rinds do have is healthy fat, most being made of the same fat you would find in olive oil.
Share this post:
Posted on: February 21st, 2018 | By: Southern Recipe