Ok, all you Pork Rind Lovers let’s go old school with an outdoor activity you may not have done since you were a kid. Let’s have a picnic!
First step is to plan ahead and check the forecast. The whole point of going on a picnic is to take advantage of the great outdoors, so choose your spot on a day when the weather doesn’t “rain” on your day.
Second step is to follow the following packing list:
- A comfortable blanket to sit on (stay away from the old blanket that you found in the trunk your of the car).
- A cooler for items that need to be kept cold (well, you do need to ice down the libations). Freeze bottled water or lemonade and use as ice packs to keep the leakage down.
- Packing your goodies – You don’t need to get an old-fashioned wicker basket (do they even make those anymore?), but use something sturdy for a carrying case.
- As for food, you don’t need to go overboard. Keep it simple, premade sandwiches, boneless chicken, fruit and multiple bags of Southern Recipe Pork Rinds (you were wondering when we were going to add them).
- Plastic storage containers and plastic storage bags. These items keep the spillage down while also keeping food separated and fresh.
- Plates, forks, knives, napkins, cups and bowls if you decide to share our Bar-B-Que rinds. Or keep clean up simple by making Walking Tacos.
- Sunscreen and bug spray.
- Magazines, books, Frisbee, baseball mitt, board games and music.
- A corkscrew if you bring a bottle of wine.
- It’s a great time to try craft beers. Check out our tips on pairing some of your favorite rinds and food with different types of beers.
- Trash bags and “wet ones” type towelettes for cleanup.
Share this post:
Posted on: April 19th, 2018 | By: Southern Recipe