We all know why there’s a Pork Rind Appreciation Day, but can anyone tell us why there’s a Chips and Dip Day?!? It just doesn’t sound right! Here are seven reasons why pork rinds are better than chips:
1. The potato chip was first invented in 1853 while pork rinds go back to the Mayan culture 3114 BC – rinds have had so much more time to perfect the smoky flavors we all love.
2. Pork rinds have 1/3 less fat than chips.
3. Pork rinds have fewer carbs – in fact, the almighty rind has 0 carbs.
4. Pork Rinds have a natural bacon flavor (well, of course!), while the Starch King has a sprayed on “bacon” flavor.
5. Pork rinds hold up better than the delicate chip – in fact, we have a built-in handle to scoop more dips and salsas.
6. By using crushed pork rinds in recipes you’ll add a bacony flavor that you’ll never get with chips.
7. Pork rinds are gluten-free – use crushed rinds in place of flour to make you pizza crust recipe … mamma mia.
Share this post:
Posted on: March 21st, 2019 | By: Southern Recipe