Nosh on the perfect plate of nachos!
Is there anything better than a messy, cheesy, loaded plate of nachos? Not when you use pork rinds instead of tortilla chips. Step it up a notch for National Nachos Day.
Open wide and don’t even bat an eye when that gooey cheese drips down your chin … What else can you do when you come face-to-face with a plate of the ultimate pork rind nachos? Just enjoy!
So, how do you achieve nacho mastery? Follow these five steps for the Best. Nachos. Ever. Every rind lover will love them.
- Lay the foundation. Looking for a chip that’s sturdy enough to hold all of your toppings but not too thick? Look no further than the Southern Recipe Pork Rinds. What tortilla chip is crispy, airy and packs a powerful pork flavor? Silence … that’s what we thought. Choose your favorite flavor.
- Get cheesy. Look for cheeses with melt-ability. Skip all the fancy names and head straight for the Monterey Jack. For some spice, try Pepper Jack.
- Layer it up. The perfect way to layer your pork rinds and toppings? For maximum crunchy-to-gooey texture, start with a layer of pork rinds that completely covers the bottom of your tray. Then, slather it with any toppings that need to be hot or melted, like beans, shredded meat, and cheese. Repeat.
- Stay cool. Keep toppings like sour cream, salsa, guacamole and avocado cold by slathering them on after your pork rinds, beans and cheese have all cooked in the oven.
- Clean up. While this part of the process isn’t nearly as fun as the eating part, think of it early and it won’t be so hard. Aluminum foil can make that melted cheese as deliciously satisfying to clean up as it is to eat. Crunch on!
Happy National Guacamole Day! Wouldn’t you just love to be able to chill out today with a big ol’ bowl of guac and a fresh bag of rinds?
Whether you love the classics or can’t get enough spice, we’ve got the right guac recipe to make your favorite flavor of Rudolph’s Pork Rinds sing. Did you know that guacamole dates back to the days of the Aztecs? All these years and we think we’ve finally found three recipes to prove that some things really do get better with age!
June is Men’s Health Month! Snackers like yourself should be stoked!
This low-carb, high protein, and gluten-free snack has the crunch and bacon flavor you crave. The wife won’t nag you about your snacking habits when you tell her those pork rinds you’re munching on have more protein than nuts and are low carb. Nutrition is the backbone to becoming the man’s man you really want to be, so, during the month of June, skip the potato chips with 15 grams of carbs and reach for Southern Recipe Pork Rinds.