When it comes to your mind and body, summer is the perfect time to take stock where you are and where you want to go. Here are a few tips to get a jumpstart on the great summer swap out:
- Skip the chip. Pork rinds have half the calories and fat than potato chips. And an added bonus? Rinds are an easier scoop for your favorite dip.
- Swap out flour in pizza crust recipe with crushed pork rinds at a 1:1 ratio.
- Swap the greasy bacon on your burger with crushed pork rinds mixed inside the meat before grilling. You’ll still get a bacon flavor without the fat or calories.
- Swap out the riding lawnmower with a walk behind mower. In 30 minutes you’ll burn 150 calories (enough for a rewarding beer).
- Swap out the baseball game on TV with a game up close and personal at the local ballpark. You’ll get a dose of vitamin D from the sun, which is essential for maintaining healthy bones.
Hey, when it comes to versatility, flavor and crunch, pork rinds are champions of the great snack swap out.
Share this post:
Posted on: July 24th, 2018 | By: Southern Recipe