Is there anything better than a messy, cheesy, loaded plate of nachos? Not when you use pork rinds instead of tortilla chips. Step it up a notch for National Nachos Day.
Open wide and don’t even bat an eye when that gooey cheese drips down your chin … What else can you do when you come face-to-face with a plate of the ultimate pork rind nachos? Just enjoy!
So, how do you achieve nacho mastery? Follow these five steps for the Best. Nachos. Ever. Every rind lover will love them.
- Lay the foundation. Looking for a chip that’s sturdy enough to hold all of your toppings but not too thick? Look no further than the Southern Recipe Pork Rinds. What tortilla chip is crispy, airy and packs a powerful pork flavor? Silence … that’s what we thought. Choose your favorite flavor.
- Get cheesy. Look for cheeses with melt-ability. Skip all the fancy names and head straight for the Monterey Jack. For some spice, try Pepper Jack.
- Layer it up. The perfect way to layer your pork rinds and toppings? For maximum crunchy-to-gooey texture, start with a layer of pork rinds that completely covers the bottom of your tray. Then, slather it with any toppings that need to be hot or melted, like beans, shredded meat, and cheese. Repeat.
- Stay cool. Keep toppings like sour cream, salsa, guacamole and avocado cold by slathering them on after your pork rinds, beans and cheese have all cooked in the oven.
- Clean up. While this part of the process isn’t nearly as fun as the eating part, think of it early and it won’t be so hard. Aluminum foil can make that melted cheese as deliciously satisfying to clean up as it is to eat. Crunch on!
Share this post:
Posted on: November 4th, 2015 | By: Southern Recipe