Happy National Pork Month! Welcome to the pork rind lover’s blog. Looking for ways to fuel your day? Read on for all things delicious about America’s favorite meat plus one savory recipe you need to make NOW … Our mouths are watering at the thought!
Did you know?
- Pork is the world’s most widely eaten meat! It’s eaten almost as much as beef and poultry combined!
- 94% of American’s eat pizza. Can you guess the most popular meat toppings? Sausage and pepperoni of course!
- Ham is the number one sandwich eaten in U.S. households.
- Pork has more protein than chicken and is high in zinc, iron and B-vitamins.
Making this recipe is the perfect way to celebrate #NationalPorkMonth! Tender pork chops wrapped in crushed rinds are a surefire way to double your pork intake.
Pork Rind Pork Chops
- 7-8 thinly sliced boneless pork chops
- 1 bag Southern Recipe Original or Bold & Spicy Pork Rinds
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour Southern Recipe Pork Rinds into a large bowl.
- Use a cup to crush into teeny-tiny bits.
- Whisk together eggs and Old Bay Seasoning to make an egg wash.
- Dip each pork chop into the egg wash.
- And then coat each side of the pork chop with crushed pork rinds.
- Place breaded pork chop onto sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and flip each pork chop over to brown on the other side. Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
Share this post:
Posted on: October 7th, 2015 | By: Southern Recipe