Forget everything you know about the french toast recipes you get at those fancy restaurants. Southern Recipe’s version takes it up a notch by adding a little bacony crunch in every bite. Hey, you won’t need a side of bacon with this recipe (but of course that’s crazy, more bacon is more better). This French Toast is so good, you just may oui, oui yourself.
Not-Your-Mama’s French Toast
- 1/2 of a 3–oz. bag of Southern Recipe Pork Rinds
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 pkts sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp egg nog extract [optional]
- Crumble pork rinds up until they resemble bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Beat eggs well and then mix with remaining ingredients and beat again. Add crushed pork rinds to the egg/cream mixture and allow to sit for approximately 5 minutes. Mixture will thicken into a paste during this time.
- Meanwhile, heat skillet or griddle with butter or oil, and when hot, fry pancake-style until golden brown on both sides. Serve with maple syrup.
Share this post:
Posted on: December 23rd, 2015 | By: Southern Recipe