Prep Time: 15 minutes. Grill time: 10 minutes
2 cups Southern Recipe Pork Rinds, crushed
8 hot dogs
8 hot dog buns
8 large Serrano peppers
8 slices American cheese
1 onion, sliced
oil for cooking the onions
- Slice each hot dog length wise and add one slice of American cheese into each hot dog.
- Cut stem and tip off of Serrano pepper and remove seeds.
- Slide one pepper over the hot dog, repeat for each hot dog.
- Grill on low heat, rotate slowly.
- While hot dogs are grilling, add oil and onions in a frying pan and slowly caramelize. When onions are almost cooked, mix in Southern Recipe Pork Rinds. Once mixed, remove from heat.
- Remove grilled hot dogs, place in bun and add pork rind/onion mixture. Top with your favorite condiment with a side of rinds!