Bacon and Greens Salsa
Mmmmm … bacon. Nothing goes better with Southern Recipe Pork Rinds than bacon. In fact, pork rinds have long been called crunchy bacon bites. Try this unique salsa with Southern Recipe Salt & Vinegar Pork Rinds or anytime you are makin’ bacon.
- Southern Recipe Pork Rinds
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen mixed greens, thawed and drained
- 1/2 medium size sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 Serrano chile pepper, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 7-9 minutes, or until crisp. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in the skillet. Crumble bacon. Sautè greens, onion, and garlic in hot drippings for 7-10 minutes, or until tender. Stir in corn, Serrano pepper, salt and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Serve warm with your favorite flavor of Southern Recipe Pork Rinds or Southern Recipe Salt & Vinegar Pork Rinds.