Elote Spoon Bread with Pork Rinds
This easy Elote Corn Spoon Bread recipe will be your family’s new favorite! So much flavor and even better yet, it’s so easy to make. Plus, when you add Southern Recipe Pork Rinds, you’ll also add a bacon flavor unlike any other spoon bread recipe. Don’t have a cast-iron skillet? Use a muffin tin for perfect the bite-size snack.
- 1 bag (4 oz) Southern Recipe Hot & Spicy Pork Rinds, crushed
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 10 oz queso fresco, crumbled
- 4 oz diced green
- 2 eggs
- 1 8 oz package corn muffin mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F, grease 10″ cast iron skillet and preheat on stove – approximately 2 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix gently.
- Pour into heated iron skillet, spread evenly.
- Bake 25 minutes or until top is brown. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve with as a side dish. Ideal side for chili or soup.