Pork Rind Fried Mac & Cheese Balls
- 1 cup Southern Recipe Pork Rinds (any flavor), crushed
- 3 cups mac & cheese, already prepared and chilled
- 1 cup jalapeños, diced
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 6 cups Oil for frying
- Start with cold mac & cheese from the refrigerator.
- Mix in diced jalapeños and bacon.
- Using a large spoon, ice cream scoop, or just your hands, form the mixture into 2 inch balls.
- Chill balls for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Beat 2 eggs in a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish, mix crushed pork rinds and bread crumbs.
- Preheat oil to 400°F.
- Roll balls in egg mixture and then in pork rinds/bread crumbs until thoroughly coated.
- Fry balls, several at a time, until golden brown.