Cheesy Pork Rind Mashed Potato Ring
1 cup Southern Recipe Pork Rinds (any flavor), crushed
3 cups mashed potatoes
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup bacon, chopped
1/2 cup cheddar, shredded
2 Tbsp. chives, chopped, plus more for garnish
4 white onions, peeled and cut into rings
1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 cups vegetable oil
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
1 tsp. garlic powder
- In a large mixing bowl, mix mashed potatoes, eggs, green onions, bacon, cheddar, and chives.
- Once well incorporated, take 2-inch scoops of the loaded mashed potatoes, press them into the onion ring slices and create an indentation. Fill the indentation with mozzarella cheese and cover with more mashed potato mixture. Press the potatoes firmly into the onion rings. Repeat with all of the onion slices and mashed potato, and then chill them for 1 hour.
- In a fry cooker, heat vegetable oil to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the pork rinds and breadcrumbs.
- While the oil is heating, coat the potato rings in flour, then in egg, then into the breading mixture. Fry in batches, for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Top the ranch with fresh chives and dip! Enjoy!