Sauer Brew Hot Balls
6 servings servings
Nothing sauer about this recipe! Mix up sauerkraut, cream cheese and roll the mixture into – you got it – balls.
3 cups Southern Recipe Hot & Spicy Pork Rinds, finely crushed
14 oz. can sauerkraut
8 oz. cream cheese
Your favorite mustard for dipping (optional)
1. Remove cream cheese and sauerkraut from refrigerator and allow them to reach room temperature.
2. Drain sauerkraut well. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup of crushed pork rinds, cream cheese and saurekraut and mix well.
3. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
5. Form small balls from the cooled mixture with your hands and roll in the remaining crushed pork rinds.
6. Place on a greased baking sheet with at least 2 inches between balls.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.