Shrimp and Grits with Pork Rinds
We’re getting southern with an authentic shrimp and grits recipe from Southern Recipe Pork Rinds! The secret ingredient is pork rinds – of course!
- 1/4 cup Southern Recipe Original Pork Rinds, crushed
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 4 cups of water
- 4 bacon slices
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound peeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned, remove and chop. In bacon grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turns pink. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, pork rinds, onions and garlic, stir well. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture on top. Serve immediately.