BBQ Pork Rind Cornbread
- BBQ Pork Rind Cornbread:
• 1 cup Southern Recipe Cracklins, crumbled
• 1 cup Southern Recipe Pork Rinds, crushed
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 cup yellow or white cornmeal
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1 cup creamed corn
• 1 beaten egg, room temperature
• 1 Tbsp. BBQ seasoning
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda, salt, and creamed corn. Stir in the Cracklins and the egg.
Blend thoroughly. Pour batter into a medium-size baking pan (8 1/2" by 4 1/2"), greased if not using a nonstick pan. With a rubber spatula, smooth the surface.
Crush 1 cup pork rinds and add 1 Tbsp. BBQ seasoning - mix well. Add pork rind mixture to top of cornbread for the last 10 minutes of baking time to crisp it.
Bake 30 minutes until it is well-browned. Goes well with Hot & Spicy Pork Rind Chicken Wings .