Breakfast Tacos - Eggs and Pork Rinds
breakfast | mexican | pork rinds | spanish
Start your day off right with a hearty breakfast that has the bacon flavor of Southern Recipe Pork Rinds and the spice of chorizo and jalapeño peppers!
- Breakfast Tacos - Eggs and Pork Rinds:
• 7 oz Southern Recipe Pork Rinds
• 3 tsp. cooking oil
• 8-10 eggs, beaten lightly
• 2 Tbsp. onion, chopped
• 2 chorizos (Mexican sausage)
• 1/2 tomatoes, chopped
• 4 tsp. cilantro leaves, chopped
• 2 cups hot water
• Salt to taste
• Pickled jalapenos or hot sauce to garnish eggs
• Flour tortillas or taco shells, warm (10-15 small)
Sautè onions in oil until transparent. Discard casing from chorizo. Add chorizo to tomatoes and onions and break it up with fork as it cooks.
Soak pork rinds and cilantro in hot water until pork rinds are soft and tender. This will only take a minute or two.
Drain the pork rinds and add them to the onion and chorizo mixture. Beat the eggs lightly, and add them in, scrambling them.
To serve, place a heaping tablespoon or more in the center of each hot flour tortilla. Add jalapeños or hot sauce to taste. Roll up tortilla like a taco and enjoy.