Cheesy Pork Rind Corn Cakes
classic | comfort food | Easy | fun | Side | southern
- Cheesy Pork Rind Corn Cakes:
• 1/4 cup Southern Recipe Original Pork Rinds, finely ground
• 2 1/2 cups Corn kernels (about 5 ears)
• 3 Eggs
• 3/4 cup Milk
• 3 Tbsp. Butter, melted
• 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup Yellow or white cornmeal
• 1 (8-oz.) package Fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
• 2 Tbsp. Fresh chives, chopped
• 1 tsp Salt
• tsp Ground pepper
Pulse first 4 ingredients in a food processor 3 to 4 times or just until corn is coarsely chopped.
Stir together flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in corn mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon 1/8 cup batter for each cake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or large nonstick skillet to form 2-inch cakes (do not spread or flatten cakes).
Cook cakes 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn and cook other sides 2 to 3 minutes.