Chicken Pot Pie With Pork Rinds
chicken | classic | comfort food | Easy | favorite | main | Pie | pot pie | southern | southernrecipeswithSR
- Chicken Pot Pie With Pork Rinds:
• 1/2 cup Southern Recipe Pork Rinds, crushed
• 1/2 cup Butter
• 2 medium Leeks, sliced
• 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
• 1 can (14.5 oz.) Chicken broth
• 3 cups Chicken, cooked and chopped
• 1 1/2 cups Frozen cubed hash browns with onions and peppers
• 1 cup Carrots, sliced
• 1/3 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/2 tsp. Salt
• 1/2 tsp. Ground pepper
• 1 package (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
• 1 large Egg
Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add leeks, and sautè 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and pork rinds; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Remove from heat; stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients.
Roll each pastry sheet into a 12 x 10 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Fit 1 sheet into a 9 inch deep-dish pie plate; spoon chicken mixture into pastry. Place remaining pastry sheet over filling in opposite direction of bottom sheet; fold edges under, and press with tines of a fork, sealing to bottom crust. Whisk together egg and 1 Tbsp. water, and brush over top of pie.
Bake at 375°F on lower oven rack 55 to 60 minutes or until browned. Let stand 15 minutes.