top of page
Collard Greens with Pork Rind Crumble
authentic | classic | favorite | Side | southern | southernrecipeswithSR
- Collard Greens with Pork Rind Crumble:
• 12 hickory-smoked bacon slices, finely chopped
• 2 medium-size sweet onions, finely chopped
• 3/4 lb. smoked ham, chopped
• 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 3 (32 oz.) containers chicken broth
• 3 (1 lb.) packages fresh collard greens, washed and trimmed
• 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 Tbsp. sugar
• 1 tsp. salt
• 3/4 tsp. pepper
• Garnish: Southern Recipe Original Pork Rinds
Cook bacon in a 10-qt. stockpot over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until almost crisp.
Add onion, and saute 8 minutes; add ham and garlic, and saute 1 minute.
Stir in broth and remaining ingredients. Cook 2 hours or to desired degree of tenderness.
Garnish with crushed Southern Recipe Pork Rinds.
bottom of page