Cornbread Stuffing with Pork Rinds
- Cornbread Stuffing with Pork Rinds:
• 1 bag (4 oz) Southern Recipe Pork Rinds, crushed
• 1 box (8.5 oz) Cornbread mix (prepare and bake)
• 8 Tbsp. Butter
• 2 cups Celery, chopped
• 1 large Onion, chopped
• 7 cups Chicken stock
• 1 tsp. Salt
• 5 Eggs, beaten
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tsp. Sage (optional)
• 1 Tbsp. Poultry seasoning (optional)
Prepare cornbread per directions on box. Leave out cornbread overnight on the counter. Cut cornbread into cubes.
In a large bowl, combine cubed cornbread and pork rinds; set aside.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and cook until transparent, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
Pour the vegetable mixture over cornbread mixture.
Add the stock, mix well, taste and add salt, pepper, sage and poultry seasoning to taste.
Add beaten eggs and mix well.
Pour mixture into a greased pan and bake until dressing is cooked through, about 45 minutes.