Crunchy Cream Cheese Rolls
avacado | cracklin | cream cheese | low carb | roll | Side
- Crunchy Cream Cheese Rolls:
• 2 cups Southern Recipe Pork Rinds, crushed
• 1/2 lb. Cream cheese, at room temperature
• 1 Avocado, ripen
• 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
• 1 Tbsp. Onion, finely chopped
• 1 Serrano chile, finely chopped
• 1/4 tsp. Fresh lime juice
• Sea salt to taste
Place the cream cheese between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll to form a rectangle about 6 inches by 8 inches and 1/2 inch thick. Remove the top sheet.
Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop the flexh into a bowl. Mash until it is rather smooth, leaving some small chunks to add texture.
Stir in cilantro, onion, chile, lime juice, and salt. Spread the avocado mixture evenly over the cream cheese. Using the bottom sheet of paper, roll up the cream cheese to form a log.
Coat the roll completely with the crushed chicharrones. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving with crackers.
The roll can be made in advance and refrigerated for 6–8 hours, then set out at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.