Hawaiian-Style Low Carb Pizza
bbq | bbqcontest | pork rind recipes
You don't have to fly off to the islands for this low carb pizza recipe! We've got the perfect balance of sweet and spicy that will please everyone. What give the dough that bacony flavor? Pork rinds!
- For Dough
• 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
• 4 large eggs
• 1 cup Southern Recipe Original Pork Rinds, ground
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
• 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
• 1/2 Tbsp. Italian spices
• 1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
• 1 can (15 oz.) crushed pineapple, juices reserved
• 1 (16 oz.) bottle barbecue sauce
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, minced
• 3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
• 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup green onion, garnish
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• Feta or horseradish cheddar cheese
Prepare the Dough
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Mix cream cheese, eggs, seasonings and Italian cheese. Mix well. Add ground Southern Recipe pork rinds. This will be a very thick mixture. Plop the dough onto a heavily greased pizza pan, or cover a pizza pan with parchment paper. Cover dough with plastic wrap or wax paper and roll or pat out to edges. It's a very workable dough. Bake the crust for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes.
Prepare the Sauce
Pour barbecue sauce and half of the reserved pineapple juice (more or less as desired) into a medium sauce pan, then stir in red bell pepper, jalapeño, garlic and red onion. Let simmer to thicken. Top cooked pizza dough with leftover chicken or pork. Sprinkle choice of cheese on top, then drizzle sauce mixture. Place in oven until bubbly. Enjoy!