Hot Summer Salsa
hot | kick | recipe | recipes | Salsa | spice | spicy | summer | tangy | zesty
There's no cooling it down with this salsa recipe!
- • Southern Recipe Chile & Lime Pork Rinds for dipping the salsa
• 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 slicing tomatoes, quartered
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 jalapeño
• 1 white onion, quartered
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
• 3 Tbsp. white distilled vinegar
• 1/2 tsp. sugar
• Juice of 2 limes
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine 3 tbsp olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, jalapeño, onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place vegetables on a baking sheet and roast until soft, 20-25 minutes.
Add the roasted vegetables to a food processor, with the remaining olive oil, cilantro, vinegar, sugar, and lime juice. Pulse until chunky. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Serve with Southern Recipe Chile & Lime Pork Rinds or the ever popular Southern Recipe Sweet BBQ Pork Rinds .