Poblano Peppers Stuffed with Chicharrones
chicharrones | peppers | poblano | snack | stuffed
- Poblano Peppers Stuffed with Chicharrones:
• 1 cup Southern Recipe Pork Rinds, in pieces
• 3 poblano peppers
• 2 small yellow potatoes, quartered
• 1 cup rice, cooked
• 1/2 cup corn
• 2 zucchinis, finely diced
• 2 tomatoes, finely diced
• 1/2 small onion, diced
• 3 tablespoon oil for cooking potatoes
• 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut poblano peppers length wise and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet in the center of the oven. Bake 10-20 minutes, or until skins are thoroughly blackened, occasionally flipping to achieve even charring and roasting.
Remove peppers from oven and allow to cool. Peel off the skins. A towel will help, or a fork. Discard the skin.
While the peppers are roasting, add oil in a medium skillet and cook potatoes and onions until soft.
Add pork rinds, corn and rice stirring occasionally. Cook for 2 minutes then add tomato and zucchini.
Stuff peppers with the cooked mixture and top with pepper jack cheese. Serve warm.