top of page
Pork Rind Cheddar Cheese Grits
Cheese | cheesy | classic | Easy | grit | grits | Side | southern
- Pork Rind Topped Cheddar Cheese Grits Casserole:
• 1/4 cup finely ground Southern Recipe Original Pork Rinds
• 4 cups milk
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
• 1 tsp.salt
• 1/2 tsp. pepper
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Pork Rind Topped Cheddar Cheese Grits Casserole:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring milk just to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; gradually whisk in butter and grits.
Reduce heat, and simmer, whisking constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until grits are done.
Remove from heat. Stir in egg and next 3 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and pork rinds.
Bake, covered, at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until mixture is set. Serve immediately.
bottom of page