top of page
Pork Rind Fried Green Tomatoes
Fried | main | Side | southernrecipeswithSR | tomato | tomatoes | Veggie
Pork Rind Coated Fried Green Tomatoes
- Pork Rind Coated Fried Green Tomatoes:
• 1/4 cup Southern Recipe Original Pork Rinds, crushed
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 1/2 cup buttermilk
• 1/2 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. pepper
• 1/4 cup flour
• 3 medium-size, firm green tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices (about 1 1/4 lb.)
• Vegetable oil
Whisk together egg and buttermilk. Combine cornmeal mix, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup finely ground pork rinds in a shallow dish.
Dredge tomato slices in remaining 1/4 cup flour; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch in a large cast-iron skillet; heat to 375°F over medium-high heat.
Drop tomatoes, in batches, into hot oil, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle hot tomatoes with salt to taste.
Recipe photo by Jacob: https://www.instagram.com/keysers_kitchen/
bottom of page