Pork Rind Roll Ups
breakfast | dinner | low carb | lunch | pork rinds | sausage | snack
- Pork Rind Roll Ups:
• 1 cup Southern Recipe Pork Rinds, crushed
• 8 Pork cutlets (or boneless chops pounded thin)
• 8 links Breakfast sausage
• 1 Egg, beaten with 1/2 cup of water
• 8 oz Tomato sauce (no sugar added for low carb)
• 1/8 tsp. White pepper
• 3/4 cup Shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Sautè sausage until lightly browned. Place one sausage link on each pork cutlet and roll up, tucking ends of pork to make a pouch. Hold together with a toothpick.
Dip in egg and roll in crushed pork rinds.
Chill thoroughly-at least an hour (this keeps them together, so don’t skip this step.)
Arrange in baking dish, cover with sauce, and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 1 hour at 325°F until done. (These can also be wrapped in foil and grilled, turning once.)
Remove toothpicks before serving.