Pork Rind Stuffed Meat Loaf
bake | classic | comfort food | dinner | Easy | main | meatloaf | southen
- Pork Rind Stuffed Meat Loaf:
• 1/2 cup finely ground Southern Recipe Original Pork Rinds
• 1 Tbsp. butter
• 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
• 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
• 2 pounds lean ground beef
• 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, divided
• 1/3 cup ketchup
• 2 tsp. Creole seasoning
• 1 tsp. Greek seasoning
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
• 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
• 1 Tbsp. ketchup
Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat; add celery and onion, and sautè 7 minutes or just until tender.
Stir together celery mixture, ground beef, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, pork rinds, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into a 10- x 5-inch loaf; place on a lightly greased broiler rack. Place rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Stir together remaining 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and 1 tablespoon ketchup until blended; pour evenly over meatloaf, and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until no longer pink in center. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.