Pork Rind Topped Macaroni and Cheese
Cheese | classic | favorite | kids | noodle | noodles | pasta | southernrecipeswithSR
- Pork Rind Topped Macaroni and Cheese:
• 1 1/4 cups crushed Southern Recipe Original Pork Rinds, crushed
• 1 lb. uncooked Cellentani (corkscrew) pasta
• 2 Tbsp. butter
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 3 cup fat-free milk
• 1 (12 oz.) can fat-free evaporated milk
• 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
• 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded 1.5% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
• 3 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper, divided
• 1 (8-oz.) package chopped smoked ham
• Vegetable cooking spray
• 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cellentani pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Gradually whisk in flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and evaporated milk until smooth; cook, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Whisk in Gouda cheese, next 3 ingredients, and 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper until smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in ham and pasta.
Pour pasta mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Stir together crushed pork rinds, 1 Tbsp. melted butter, and remaining 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.