Southern Recipe Moonshine Burger
bbqcontest | burger | cheeseburger | classic | contest | Easy | favorite | fun | hamburger | moonshine
- Southern Recipe Moonshine Burger:
• 2 cups Southern Recipe Hot & Spicy Pork Rinds, crushed
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1 oz moonshine (or whiskey)
• 2 tsp. salt, divided
• 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 1 medium red onion, chopped
• 2 lbs. fresh ground chuck
• 1 large tomato, sliced
• 1 large red onion, sliced
• 6 sesame seeded burger rolls, split
Put Hot & Spicy flavored pork rinds in a sealable plastic bag and knead until crushed into crumbs. In mixing bowl, stir together half of the Hot & Spicy crumbs, mayonnaise, moonshine, and 1 tsp. salt.
In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt, black pepper, onion and remaining crushed curls; add ground chuck and combine well. Shape into six burgers.
Preheat grill. Cook burgers 3-4 minutes each side (internal temperature 165°F.). Toast buns on grill in last few minutes of grilling burgers.
To assemble the burgers, spread Hot & Spicy mayo over cut sides of the rolls; add burger, top with sliced tomatoes and onions and cover with roll tops. Makes 6 sandwiches.