Stuffed and Battered Mushrooms
app, main, snacks
If you enjoy stuffed mushrooms, you’ll be overjoyed with our mushrooms because you’ll batter ’em with our pork rinds!
- Stuffed and Battered Mushrooms
• 1/2 cup Southern Recipe Pork Rinds, crushed
• 1/3 cup Hot sauce
• 1/4 cup Cornstarch
• 1/4 tsp. Baking powder
• 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. Cold seltzer or tonic water
• 10-12 Button mushrooms, stems removed
• 8 oz Cream cheese
• 1 Tbsp. Dried chives
• 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup Bacon, diced
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cream cheese spread, dried chives, minced garlic, and bacon bits.
2. Using a small spatula, scoop a small amount of the cream cheese mixture into each button mushroom cap. Set aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the Southern Recipe pork rinds, cornstarch, baking powder, hot sauce, and seltzer/ tonic water. Whisk together until there are no lumps.
4. Carefully dip each stuffed mushroom cap into the batter.
5. Place each battered mushroom into a greased air fryer.
6. Air fry for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown, at 400 ° F.